In addition to training in primary care, physical exams, blood and lab tests, etc., naturopathic doctors practice different treatments or therapies to help support the healing process.
Diet and Nutrition
Reviewing your food intake for nutrients, and guiding the process to healthy eating. Optimizing specific vitamin and mineral intake for treatment of specific health concerns.
Using plants for healing: teas, tinctures, extracts, creams, salves, poultices, compresses.
Minute doses of substances used to stimulate the vital life force and activate healing. Both Classical Constitutional Homeopathy as well as Complex Homeopathy.
Sterile needles are inserted into acupuncture points to treat various disorders and pain according to the practice and philosophy of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Infrared Sauna Therapy
Used for detoxification, inflammation and weight loss.
Fully stocked dispensary available to patients of Peterborough Naturopath. Third party tested professional supplements, homeopathics, botanical tinctures and teas. Special orders available on request.
Commonly Treated Conditions
- Blood pressure
- Cardiovascular disease and heart function
- Chronic diseases
- Depression, anxiety, post traumatic stress disorder
- Diabetes and blood sugar disorders
- Digestion: reflux, bloating, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea
- Digestive Tract: colitis, crohns, IBS, celiac, lactose intolerance
- Endocrine: thyroid, adrenals
- Environmental toxicity
- Hair, skin and nails
- Immune system
- Lyme disease
- Musculoskeletal pain/stiffness, arthritis, fibromyalgia, recovery from accidents
- Respiratory: asthma, allergies, acute and chronic infections
- Seizures and vertigo
- Skin diseases: eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, hives, rashes
- Urinary problems
- Vitamin and nutritional support
Children / Teens
- Allergies (food & environmental)
- Attention deficit disorder
- Autism spectrum
- Digestive complaints
- Ear, Nose & Throat
- Fertility & virility
- Heart health
- Kidney stones
- Fertility, pregnancy, postnatal care & breastfeeding
- Gynecology: endometriosis, PCOS, cervical dysplasia, PMS